CA Debmalya Maitra
Sr. Director BFSI at Chokshi Group
- Chartered Accountant
- Bachelors of Commerce with Honours in Accountancy
Debmalya Maitra is Sr. Director BFSI at Chokshi Group and also Partner at Chokshi & Co. In addition, he is associated with Fintelekt Advisory Services as a Faculty Member and has been involved in training programs for bankers in SAARC countries. He is a seasoned professional with more than 33 years of experience in the Banking and Financial Services Industry with more than a decade each in new age private sector bank and life insurance companies and seven years in a leading housing finance company.
He was Chief – Risk, Audit & Compliance at AEGON Life Insurance Ltd. before joining the profession, prior to that he was Head – Audit & Risk Management at HDFC Life Insurance. Before this, he was Head – Audit & Compliance at Centurion Bank of Punjab.
Debmalya is a Chartered Accountant (ICAI – 1983-1987) and holds a Bachelors of Commerce with Honours in Accountancy (1982-1985). He is experienced in setting up processes in a large number of start-ups in different areas as part of the core management team and has hands-on experience in setting up and integrating the following functions:
- Operational Risk Management including Fraud Risk Control Units
- Regulatory Compliance framework including international compliance requirements like AML, FATCA, CRS etc.
- Track regulatory changes and reengineer processes based on the same
- Setting up, reviewing and reporting the Customer Grievance Redressal system
- Setting up the internal audit function and planning and executing the audit calendar
Debmalya was a member of the Insurance delegation in the FATF evaluation relating to preparedness regarding anti money laundering regulations (2010) in India. He is also on the Member Governors of Institute of Internal Auditors, Mumbai Chapter since 2015. He is now also a Director on the Board of Alibaba.com India Ecommerce Pvt. Ltd.
Apart from India Debmalya has addressed seminars and training programmes in Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh and Mauritius.